We need a possibility that an user can only open the measuring routine (.PRG) for execution. User in that case means also an operator with full PC-DMIS access and administrator privileges.
Here is the story:
- Customer has 2 Leica trackers from us with PCDMIS.
- Customer constructs big machines for producing car tires. At several moments they measure the setup from their machine with the tracker. Works all fine.
- Next step: if they sell a VMI machine to a customer they think about also selling a Leica Tracker with PC-DMIS as a kind of measuring tool for their customers.
- They create the .PRG, and want that the routine can only be run in Operator Mode. Reason: they do not want that their customers can edit the original .PRG
- Note: the protected mode in PC-DMIS is not an option.
Another example is the ISO acceptance routines. We have to make sure that they can't be changed.
Customer support service by UserEcho